Germany at Witham/UK

p1050274hello my name is jack mcmillan and I am a year 9 student from the New Rickstones Academy. I hope you are well.

Today we have had a whole day dedicated to learning about Germany.

Read more about the activities of our partner school in Witham/UK:

Firstly we had a cooking lesson where we learnt all about the traditional foods of Germany, such as Apple Strudel. We then had a chance to make our own appel strudel and they all came out of the oven almost perfect. We also got to taste other german foods such as pretzels and sauerkraut.

We then learnt all about famous German composers such as beethoven and bach. We listened to some examples of their music and then had a go at composing one of beethoven's pieces called Midnight Sonata.

Next we had a lesson learning about Communism and Capitalism. We found out that after WWII Germany was divided into east and west Germany and how each side of the country led a very different lifestyle. We also learnt how the fall of the berlin wall came about.

We also learnt alot of the German language and how to pronounce simple phrases like hello, gutten tag, and how are you, Wie geht's. This was a very fun lesson as some people kept getting the pronunciation of the words wrong.

Finally, we were given the task of creating a powerpoint about your school.  This was a very interesting and informative task as i learnt lots about your school and how different it is to ours.

I hope we can keep in touch.

Yours sincerely,

Jack

Kontakt

Wilma-Rudolph-Oberschule
Am Hegewinkel 2a
14169 Berlin

Tel: (030) 90299-6464/-6794
Fax: (030) 90299-6766
E-Mail:

Anmeldung

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.